Are you expecting and need healthy skin during your pregnancy? Here are skin care tips for moms-to-be
Having a baby means bringing new life into this world and the immense joy and happiness this news brings to the family is unparalleled, but with the word of congratulations spreading, new moms-to-be are bombarded with different types advice from family members and doctors. , which can be overwhelming and difficult for some. It is therefore important to be fully aware of how pregnancy can change a woman’s body and skin.
Beauty and skin experts reveal that every week will bring a new feeling and change to your body and for some the journey to motherhood is easy and smooth while for others it can be tricky, especially when it comes to skin changes. In an interview with HT Lifestyle, cosmetic physician Dr. Saru Singh insisted, “Following the right skin care routine during pregnancy is extremely important. All the hormonal changes that occur can lead to certain skin problems such as pigmentations, dullness, texture and dark circles. Pigment changes occur not only on the face but also on different parts of the body.
For those expecting and needing healthy skin during pregnancy, Dr. Saru Singh has shared the following steps:
1. To start, always choose a mild cleanser to get rid of the accumulation of dead cells. Gentle cleansing will ensure that the skin barrier and pH of the skin remain healthy.
2. Hydration is key – Raging hormones can have different effects on different types of skin types. Some may experience excessive dryness while others may get super oily, which is why it’s important to choose the right moisturizer for you during pregnancy. Hydration is essential to combat dull complexion and pigmentary changes. Always consult an expert if you are unable to find the perfect moisturizer for you. Look for products rich in hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and ceramides.
3. Stay protected from the sun – Moms-to-be should stay indoors, especially during these months, to avoid unnecessary UV damage and tanning of the skin. Opt for mineral and high SPF sunscreens to protect the skin.
4. Balanced Nutritious Diet – Consuming a healthy and nutritious diet rich in iron and protein can be extremely beneficial for both mother and fetus. Skin and hair also need extra vitamins and minerals during pregnancy. That’s why it’s important to follow a healthy diet with prescription supplements at your doctor’s discretion. Increasing daily water and fluid intake is also crucial not only for skin health, but also for gut health. Pregnant women sometimes face intestinal inflammation and constipation, drinking water can help maintain regular bowel movements and flush unwanted toxins from the body.
5. Use Gentle, Moisturizing Body Care – The biggest fear for a woman during pregnancy are stretch marks. they happen when the skin on your belly and back is stretched to accommodate the growing baby. Although there are several factors that will determine the severity of stretch marks. Many times this can be avoided. The best home remedy would be to use oils, especially coconut oil, three to four times a day, start early and make it a habit.
6. Physical movement and walking – 20 to 30 minutes of walking every day can be very beneficial during pregnancy. Studies suggest that walking can have an uplifting and de-stressing effect on the body. It is excellent for blood circulation and healthy skin.
Dermatology MD and Founder of SkinZest, Dr. Noopur Jain, revealed, “Post-pregnancy skin suddenly becomes dull and yellowish after displaying that beautiful, lit-from-within glow throughout your pregnancy. Childbirth being a major physical and mental adjustment, it is natural for your skin to suffer. While pregnant women have a special pregnancy glow on their face, new mothers are totally exhausted and that pregnancy glow just disappears behind it all.
She added: ‘Pregnancy is a time when women take extra care, eat well and pamper themselves, but once their baby is born it all falls apart because a new mum is too preoccupied with looking after her. of her child. After having their baby, women spend all their time caring for and feeding their child and that’s when their skin care suffers. She shared some tips for new moms, including:
1. Diet – Don’t ignore your diet. You cannot ignore your own body because of your baby. Eat healthy and stay hydrated and it will show on your skin. Don’t skip meals.
2. Hydration is key – Drinking more water is essential not only for breastfeeding and maintaining good physical health, but it is also the most important aspect of skin care! Drink a 16 ounce glass of warm water with lemon in the morning before newborn spots start to hydrate your body (and skin!) and aid in natural detoxification.
3. Basic Care Routine – Maintain a basic skincare routine that includes cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to cleanse your face, use a good moisturizing toner, then hydrate your skin with a good moisturizer.
4. Scrub – Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin. Use a scrub to exfoliate your skin and restore its radiance. You can also start using an exfoliating body scrub to maintain blood circulation and relax your mind, body, and skin.
5. Stress- Meditation is an excellent stress reduction technique. This not only helps keep you calm, it also prevents a variety of stressors that can cause acne.
Above mentioned are some of the most beneficial tips that one can opt for while enjoying the new phase of mommy. The pregnancy glow isn’t hard to achieve if you’re just consistent and sincere with your body. Keep in mind that sleeping properly, drinking enough water, and staying in touch with your doctors all encompass the process of ending up with your most beautiful, healthiest skin.